Wednesday, May 25, 2011

Yarn Along-5/25

Wednesday posts are becoming favorites - books and knitting :)  Join in the Yarn Along at small things to share or see what else is being worked on. 
I'm still knitting on my Baby Surprise Jacket.  Gotten to the part I've been kinda dreading - putting stitches on hold.  I've done it before but it still makes me a little nervous.  I'll tackle that this evening.  Or this afternoon if the boys go out with Daddy for a while.  :)  It always amazes me when working on a project how it comes together and I've reached that point on my BJS, it's starting to look like it will be wearable!  I'll just have to figure out what to do when I run out of the light blue because I'm pretty sure I will.  Maybe I'll switch after this set of stripes to a big stretch of green...

I'm still reading Jesus of Nazareth, all the way to chapter 3.  I'm really enjoying it.  Going through all the different interpretations of the scenes we know so well is so interesting.  I'm not sure if I'm just a huge nerd or the worst theology student ever to graduate but I find it so fascinating finding different ways of looking at the "same old stories."  But that's what I like about studying Scripture - looking at all the ways it has meaning and speaks to us.  Looking at all the ways it ties together and what it means for how to apply it to how I live my faith. 

Pope Benedict states in his introduction that this work is an expression of his "personal search 'for the face of the Lord'" and that by presenting Jesus in his public ministry he hopes to "help foster the growth of a living relationship with him."  This is an aspect of my faith life and of living my faith out that I have probably neglected to this point.  But like so many things I suspect this too is cyclical, as we go through life focusing on different things at different times.  I'll probably need to reread this again.  Maybe when I can sit and read an entire chapter at a time and not in bits and pieces.  Someday I'll be able to do that again, right? 

3 comments:

Pooch said...

The Baby Surprise jacket/sweater is a fun pattern, isn't it? I've made a few and am always in awe of EZ's clever pattern. Your colors are so pretty!

I agree that our learning and understanding deepen and expand as we study Scripture. It leaves me Spirit-filled and feeling so blessed.

:)

Erin @ Wild Whispers said...

You can do it! If I can figure out how to start a toe up sock, you can hold stitches and knit on! Good luck!

Anonymous said...

I LOVE those colors. So bright and cheery! Really lovely combination.

I have never read Jesus of Nazareth, but I have been _planning_ to read it since it was first published. I think I might try it during this Advent. What you describe as enjoyable about it doesn't sound nerdy to me - it sounds wonderful. :)