Thursday, August 18, 2011

Saintly Meme

Yesterday I was tagged by Munchesmom in this meme:
Assuming you are a saint, and your cause has been executed, your miracles confirmed, your date on the calendar established, all that is required is select that of which Holy Mother Church will name you Patron(ess).

For this meme, you must name your patronage and then tag 5 other people who would like to play along. Link your answer to your nominator's post.

I must admit this kind of game has always been tough for me.  It's so interesting to see what others pick but I have the hardest time picking.  And then I feel pretty flip when I come up with something.  Not to mention feeling anything but saintly, especially on mornings like this where I'm up early and the boys are being difficult.  Luckily I would be in company since there are plenty of saints who led less than saintly lives.  And there is also that this isn't something I would ever really have to decide on :) 

Anyway, I think I would be Patroness of Apartment Dwellers.  Those seeking patience with being cooped up in small spaces.  Those lacking storage space and needing to weed through their things.  Those seeking dishwashers and yards.  Those who are going crazy looking at beige walls day in and day out.  Those dealing with maintenance waits and loud neighbors.  Those with neighbors with nasty dogs who growl at your children or run laps up and down the hall over your head.  And probably even for those disturbed by the shrieks and running around of small children.  Did I mention those who really, really want a dishwasher and a yard? 
Like I said, maybe a little flip.  But I could certainly use the intercession of such a saint. 
What about you?  I'm not going to tag anyone because I don't roll like that but feel free to leave a comment :) 

1 comment:

Maria said...

I think that is an excellent choice for you, esp. after the alarm situation last week! Thanks for participating!