Thursday, August 25, 2011

Small Successes

This week I have:
*given up soda.  It's only been, umm, 4 days but it's a very good start. 

*finished my mom's scarf and my first hat.  Scarf is very nice, only a couple places where I miss counted my rows and have cables either too short or too long but it's still lovely.  Hat is adorable, in the tiny-doesn't-fit-a-real-person's-head kind of way but it's nicely knitted and at least I learned how to knit a hat.

*learned that gage in knitting can be important. 

*mopped the dining room and kitchen.  It was l-o-n-g over due.  As in there was something spilled on the floor for some reason near my spot at the table that when I tried to step back off it I think I lost some of the skin from the bottom of my foot.  I can't believe I just admitted to that on the interwebz.  Sadly the mop broke before I could do the bathroom but that is not nearly so nasty.  Lame dollar store swiffer rip off mop heads. 

See, each and every one a victory.  They might be small but all those little things do add up, just like the calories in each M&M.  Interestingly, they taste different here in Canada.  So does a good ol' Hershey's bar...  :-/  Not quite so good ol'.  Anyway, head over to Sherry's to check in with your small but major successes :) 
FaithButton

3 comments:

Emily said...

I swear.. the picture of your little one modeling the hat.. it's like an old advertisement I've seen. I know there is a picture (or ad) that looks like it.. gosh I have to find it now. I wish I could remember what it was advertising.

Jody Worsham said...

I'm so glad there is another Mom who gets feet stuck on tacky floors. We are at "mopping stalmate" at my house until someone admits to spilling the Kool-Aid and offers to mop. How long before Kool-aid crystalizes?
The Medicare Mom

Sherry said...

Giving up soda is a big deal. I'm impressed!

I'm glad no one can see my floors.