Wednesday, August 24, 2011

Yarn Along

Hurray for knitting and reading.  Thank you, Ginny, for this great distraction... I mean inspiration :) 


Reading - The 10 Habits of Happy Mothers by Meg Meeker, MD.  DH had put a hold on it and picked it up for me yesterday from the library :)  I'm also reading a bunch of pastoral letters and other fun stuff for, ummm, a project I seem to be working on.  We'll see how that goes. 

Knitting - ye ol' BSJ.  Of course I took this picture before I put a couple holes into the sleeves.  Yeah, not sure how I managed that.  And it is taking me forever to fix it because I so do not want to have to rip it all out.  That would make me cry.  But the good news it that that is my only (knitting) project going.  Yes, last night I cast off Mom's hiking scarf :)  And I finished my first hat before we headed home from vacation. 
Umm, I think my gage might have been a little off.  Opps.  :-/  Otherwise it is lovely.  But next time I need to maybe pay attention to that.  Hey, it's never mattered with anything else I've made before!  

6 comments:

karen said...

Congrats of finishing the scarf! I bet it looks lovely. I had to rip out rows on my shawl and I was not very happy about it.

Emily said...

Yay for finishing the scarf!

The hat is really cute on your little one (even if off a bit ;-) ).

Erin said...

LOL on the hat- I did that on my first hat too, not really paying attention to gauge and it was not so good... Congrats for finishing the scarf!

Erin @ Wild Whispers said...

The best thing about hats and little ones is that they grow... the kiddo... not the hat! LOL! Great knitting!

Wendy said...

I've recently been convinced that maybe gauge is important after all :)

Mistea said...

oooh pretty, I really like those colours together.
Interesting there have been a few comments about gauge this week, something I have only given a cursory thought to in the past - maybe I should check mine sometime?