Sunday, September 4, 2011

Saints and Scripture Sunday

Let us then pursue what leads to peace and to building up one another. 
      -Romans 15:19

I started this blog with the intention of finding peace.  A little spot to remember the good, to focus on the joyful, to hold onto the important.  So many days that gets away from me.  I want to live a peaceful, intentional life where what I do matters and so many days it seems all I can do to keep my head above the water.  I suppose that's just part of the package deal of being Mama to little ones. 

Little ones who do things like stick utensils in fans.  Give their Mama a heart attack, these little ones do. 

But my bellowing about utensils in fans (because you bet I bellowed, scared the bejezzus out of me that did) doesn't bring any peace to my life.  Before you ask, yes I took the fan away so there will be nothing else stuck into it.   And to set your minds at ease it was one of those tall tower fans not a typical spinning blades fan.  But still scary as all get out.  So what am I to do to increase the peace?

Today at Mass we sang one of my absolute all time favorite hymns.  "Make Me A Channel of Your Peace."  How did they know I would need that one today?  :)  I'd like to give a big shout-out to the Holy Spirit for looking out for me. 

So I suppose my little piece of peace is something that I need to chase down.  I suppose I have to just keep relearning that.  It isn't a passive gift that will just land in my lap and I'll be a calmer, more joyful Mama.  I need to perservere in my patience and persue my peace. 

I did a quick seach on YouTube to find a good video because maybe you could use some peace too.  And because it has been running through my head all day.  And because the Spirit is making sure I have learned this lesson, I came across this quote from Mother Teresa tonight while reading.  Her feast day is tomorrow (September 5.) 

Peace begins with a smile.
     -Blessed Mother Teresa





Saints and Scripture Sunday

No comments: