Tuesday, October 18, 2011

The end of the project

I didn't get the job.  It's kinda bittersweet.  I am obviously sad.  Can't try to say "I don't care" with a shrug - if I didn't care I wouldn't have gone through all that applicaition and interview.   It would have been a really interesting adventure.  I think it would have been a challenge and fun.  And I am heartbroken that we're not moving home. 

But I can't say I'm sad that I'll be staying home with my boys for the foreseeable future.  That I'll be keeping my free time for reading, knitting, quilting.  Or that I wont have to play the politics or keep that many offices happy - remember there were a grand  total of seven on the interview committee which seems like a perfect recipe for serious drama. 

I believe the Spirit makes sure we're where we belong.  God's timing is not our timing.  There must be something for us here still.  Or something even better out there.  And since I can't do anything to change it I might as well make the best of it and keep on praying.  So for now I'll be praying to St. Anthony to help us find our way home.  And probably St Joseph for a job to get there.  And St Dymphna to keep from going crazy.  And probably St Jude while we're at it because it can't hurt and at times it does feel hopeless.  And after I got a travel reimbusment check today (a total suprise) perhaps shopping for some consolation books... yarn... fabric... :)   

3 comments:

karen said...

I am sorry you did not get the job, but I truly believe everything happens for a reason and if it was meant to be it would -be-. Keep praying, you never know around the corner what might pop up that peaks your interest. I definitely think a shopping trip is in order!!!

meghann said...

I'm sorry you didn't get the job, but I'm glad you're putting a positive spin on it. You'll be where you need to be, when you need to be there - often we just don't realize that where we needed to be was different to where we *thought* we needed to be until we look back on it later. xo

Emily said...

Aw shucks. I'm sorry :/ When the timing and the moment is right, you'll be fit into the perfect match.