Tuesday, November 15, 2011

Monday(ish) Musing



Right now...  it's Tuesday.  Opps.  I thought about this post yesterday if that counts for anything.  But finally got a chance to sit down to type today.  Oh well.  Bigger is watching a Thomas the Tank Engine story after eating lunch and before going to TAKE A NAP.  He may not agree yet but I am pretty sure that it is necessary.  We've been up since 5, you see.  I could use a nap too.

This weekend...  was a very typical weekend.  The WeatherMan worked Saturday day shift and Sunday night shift so the boys were a bit out of whack.  And that is why Sunday night was the worst sleep we had had in days - both boys were up multiple times and I kinda caved and brought Littler into bed to snuggle at 5.  It wasn't entirely caving though since his brother had already helped himself to my bed and Littler knew very well that he was not in his own bed and therefore could be found in Mama's bed. 

Some plans for the week...  we WILL be getting out the bigger clothes for Littler this week.  I know it has been on the to-do list for several weeks now but I don't always get much say in the physical labor that is accomplished around here.  I can't wait to get him in the new-to-him clothes.  I am so sick of looking at what is out now - some of it he has been wearing for a year I swear.  Bigger still needs some bigger things too.  Again it's been on the list for a while but my excuse explanation is the same - I don't always get a lot of say in when car required errands get done.  Luckily even though he has been eating like a horse ("but Mama, I'm hungry!") he hasn't noticeably outgrown anything. 

If I find some time for myself...  I will finish the quilt top I'm working on!  It's so hard to get time to sew since I have to keep putting the sewing machine away.  The extra set up and clean up time it takes really makes me lazy about sewing.  I'm plotting trying to work out the logistics to set it up full(ish) time in the bedroom but we'll see.  And of course reading and knitting but that's nothing surprising.  ;-) 

I am grateful for...  so much.  Books to read, yarn to knit, food in the fridge, boys to snuggle and chase, a bed to fall into at the end of the day.  There is so much to grumble about and I am a big grumbler but really I know we have it pretty good.  While the grass is always greener there isn't really much we're lacking, in the  grand scheme of things :) 

Some special prayer intentions...  for a friend having surgery tomorrow.  For sleep.  For

Something that makes me smile...  I ate pumpkin custard for lunch, one boy is napping, the other boy should come home from the library asleep in the stroller, and that leaves me with some time to put my feet up, drink another cup of tea, knit, and read.  And ignore all the housework that needs doing :)  God bless us, every one! 

1 comment:

Wendy McDonagh-Valentine said...

My daughter has been having trouble sleeping at nite as well. It's not like her. She usually sleeps like a log at nite. I think one of her eye teeth are trying to break thru. The boys never EVER had a problem with teething so this is a whole new experience for me. Frankly, I prefer a good nite's sleep over this new experience!! : )

~ Wendy
http://Crickleberrycottage.blogspot.com/