Friday, November 25, 2011

Small Successes

What, in this oh great week of the to do list, have I gotten accomplished.  Well I can tell you that since our Thanksgiving dinner guests canceled on us (we were going to host the bachelor Americans from the WeatherMan's work) I didn't get the bathroom cleaned.  Or the living room decluttered.  Or the kitchen moped.  But there must have been other things done.  :) 

I did the bulk of my Christmas shopping - this morning in my jammies.  Now just a few little odds and ends to add in and the things I'm making to finish. 

I'm making a second pot of broth from our Thanksgiving turkey.  We have a small stock pot so I thought I'd be able to get a second batch out of it. 

I took a rational approach to the boys' sleeping.  I know that sounds crazy but it worked, last night at least.  I told them several times yesterday that they were going to sleep in their own beds that night and were going to stay there till Mama came to get them.  If they woke up and came to get into bed with Mama she would be taking them back to their own beds and tucking them back in.  Well, when Bigger turned up at 3:30 he walked back to bed with no objections and only a request for water (that I don't think he even drank.)  When Littler turned up at 5 I figured we could have a snuggle since there was probably not chance of getting him back to sleep at the point and wasn't going to spend the next hour fighting with him.  So I got an almost decent night's sleep last night :)  I wonder if it will work again tonight...

Now I'm off to Sherry's to check in and see what else is being celebrated this week :)

2 comments:

house full of jays said...

Isn't it great to get shopping done online. I'm always happy to avoid the mall.
Glad you got a decent sleep! Those nighttime wakings get exhausting.

Sherry said...

sleep is good for the body and soul! Haven't started shopping. Not ready yet.

Happy Thanksgiving and have a great week!