Monday, March 19, 2012

Help?

I've hit a snag on my BSJ.  Well, not so much a snag as a hole.  And as tempted as I am to just leave it and keep going (my stitch count is right) because I am incredibly lazy I can't really do that.  I can't take baby home from the hospital in baby's first mama-made sweater with a big hole right on the front.  I do have some pride.  But I don't want to start ripping back :( without a plan and I'm not sure what happened.  Can anyone figure out what I did?  Or just how to make it right? 

Here's from the front.  Glad I got the picture taken before I chewed off my thumb nail :-/

And the back.  Yes, I'm using quilting pins for stitch markers.  Yes, it's a bit of a hassle.  But so would be digging out scrap yarn and making some.  Lazy much?  

3 comments:

karen said...

It looks like you dropped a stitch based on the last photo, I see a loop not on a needle. You will have rip four rows or work that stitch back up. (I would rip because you worked two rows above it without extra ease in the yarn). Email me if you have any other questions, and good luck!!!

*kate said...

Thanks! I wonder how I always end up with extra stitches in my BSJs then? It seems to be a challenge on each one. Oh well :)

Spinneretta said...

I would work to the stitch before the dropped stitch, and use a crochet hook to pick it up. There are youtube videos to show you how to do this :)