Monday, June 18, 2012

When stars align

This morning I actually enjoyed washing the dishes.  Crazy, I know.  But there weren't too many and they weren't too gross.  The ones that don't get dried fit nicely on the drying mat.  And the boys happily entertained themselves.  Without causing massive destruction. 

They had tipped over the footstool and were using it as a sewing machine.  Using all the pillow cases from the linen closet they pushed the rocker part back and forth, sewing costumes for various imaginary people.  (I wasn't going to tell them what they had created was more like a loom than a sewing machine.  Who was I to "correct" their fun?  And besides they were happy.  And I don't think they've ever seen a loom anyway.)  They donned capes and my shoes and slow danced in the living room.  That always gets great giggles because they pull themselves down to the floor after about 2 seconds of "dancing."  They made sandwiches with the felt food for all those imaginary costumed friends. 

It was lovely.  And don't get me wrong, it was short lived.  Very short lived.  But it was wonderful while it lasted.

Linking up to {Magic of the Mundane} @ Sofia's Ideas

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Oh, moments like these are magical (and to be treasured).

Thank you for sharing a snippet of the playful moments that took place in your home.

Melissa said...

Those moments when they are happily entertaining themselves and each other are pure bliss! Enjoying them while they last.

Sofia's Ideas said...

Oh my! I so know what you mean. I love to just sit back and soak it all in. This is such a great example of finding the Magic of the Mundane!!!