Wednesday, August 29, 2012

Yarn Along

This week's knitting was good.  I'm nearly to the end of my scarf.  It hasn't even felt like a typical scarf - eternal.  Even though I suppose I've been working on it for nearly 2 months!  I also cast on another project, totally breaking my one project at a time rule.  But if I don't get started on Christmas I'll never get it done.  So this is secret knitting but maybe I'll show a bit of it next week. 

Reading this week has been good too.  I finished The Aloha Quilt and enjoyed it like the other Elm Creek books.  And I couldn't resist a big stack of books at the library.  Currently I'm reading Bed-Knob and Broomstick by Mary Norton.  It's a combined edition of "The Magic Bed-Knob" and "Bonfires and Broomsticks"  and is  the basis for the movie Bedknobs and Broomsticks (which I love.)  I've been interested in reading it for a while and there it was on a library display so I grabbed it.  Love it things work out like that.

And now off to link up with Ginny.  As if I need any more distractions, books, or projects.  But I love it! 

5 comments:

Tracey ~ Clover said...

I use to have a one project only rule, but that went out the window. Now I knit on whatever project I'm in the mood for at the time. I started Christmas knitting in January and am already behind schedule!

karen said...

I can handle up to four projects. After that I get scatterbrained. You can get caught up in the holiday knitting if all the kids took a nap at the same time ;)

Hannah said...

What lovely yarn.
I'm terrible for having more than one project on the go at a time but I like to have something that suits every occasion - that's the theory, anyway but it's more to do with my chronic case of startitis!

Erin @ Wild Whispers said...

Your scarf looks great. I love scarves that don't feel like "scarves!"

Anonymous said...

I love the Quilt books, too, even though I don't quilt. :-)

I loved that movie when I was a kid, too! I didn't realize there was an actual book.