Monday, October 29, 2012

Monday musings

Right now...  I'm sitting here waiting for the power to go out.  Hurricane Sandy is kicking up quite a storm here and I spent the day getting ready.  Vegan chocolate cake, banana bread, 2 dozen muffins (half of them vegan,) and a loaf of bread in the bread machine.  Stuffed the big freezer to keep as much food as possible.  Took out the trash and did a load of wash (2 major feats when living on the 6th floor with three kids.)  Scrubbed the tub to fill with water, although sadly the drain plug doesn't hold water longer than for a bath.  But I did get a shower in a really clean tub after the WeatherMan got home.  And I did fill pots and pitchers.  And the crockpot.  There's a tiny part of me hoping that the power does go out because I did so much work today.  (But not really.) 

This weekend... wasn't much.  It rained.  There was story time at the library and downtown trick-or-treating.  (There was much better candy this year than last year.)  Sunday we stayed home after having been out in the cold and rain the day before.  That was pretty much it.

Some plans for the week...  stay dry!  Not that I'm looking forward to being cooped up with this bunch - between the full moon and the lactose in the potato chips they're a little crazy.  Hopefully all that will even out quickly.  But given the weather forecast and the sore tummy (and maybe a tooth?) I'm not planning for much beyond the basic this week.

If I find some time for myself... you know me, there are a million things I'd like to be doing.  I'll be happy if I can pick up my knitting.

I am grateful for... power, being out of the hurricane path, good health, snuggles, getting so much done today (even though my feet hurt)

Some prayer intentions... for all effected by Sandy... for patience... for sleep...  to move home...  for an end to hidden dairy... 

Something that makes me smile...

2 comments:

Erin @ Wild Whispers said...

Hope all is well... sending good thoughts and happy days your way!

karen said...

We lost power Monday night, I hope you were able to keep yours! Love love that photo!!