Thursday, October 4, 2012

{pretty, happy, funny, real}

~ Capturing the context of contentment in everyday life ~

Every Thursday at Like Mother, Like Daughter!
 
There you have it, folks.  {pretty, happy, funny, real} all rolled into one.  It's a beautiful chance to have my feet up, happily work on my knitting/reading/blogging/cup of tea, laugh at the piles of things to be picked up and put away, and just soak up some very real quiet.  The cranky baby is having a much needed nap, the rambunctious boys are running around the library with Daddy, and I am thumbing my nose at housework.  That's right, here I sit with my feet up and I intend to stay that way until there is someone else who needs my attention.  Except possibly to go get a dish of sorbet from the kitchen ;-)  The housework will still be there later on.  And dinner is already cooking in the crockpot.  So really, I'm totally ahead of the game anyway.  

5 comments:

Mary said...

Love it! Enjoy your break!

Mary Jo said...

I just love this post....and yes, you are already ahead of the game. So glad that you got to enjoy the real quiet. Peace to you.

Tracey said...

Good for you and I hope you have more of those moments in the future!

karen said...

Good for you! You always must carve some minutes for just you :)

becoming claudine said...

Perfect I say!