Tuesday, June 7, 2011

stART

A story + art = a great start.
I found this at A Mommy's Adventures by way of Little Wonders' Days.  Looked like fun and just the thing for the June goal of doing things with the boys and posting about it.  And since Bigger passed out on the couch at 6:30 and Littler is out for a walk with Daddy I get the chance to do it!  :) 


To help with the "doing stuff" (because I need some structure) I'm following weekly themes from a preschool  website and this week it's sheep.  Our story is Where is the Green Sheep? by Mem Fox.  It's a great board book looking at different colored sheep and sheep doing different things but that green one is hard to find. 
 Here are our supplies - cut out sheep and bushes, some green wool to put on the sheep, and lots of colors. 

 Gluing can be serious work.  And dollar store glue sticks can be real lousy.  I think I need to toss these and get some new. 

 See, green for the bushes. 

The finished project and the book.  Notice how well loved it is - someone even chewed a chunk right off the cover.  If we do more this week I'd like to do the Gene Kelly-inspired "rain sheep" because we are huge Gene Kelly fans around here.  :)  Seriously, it's my favorite illustration in the whole book. 

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

This is BRILLIANT. Looks like a successful project! I am so doing this with my Little.
Thank you for posting this!