Tuesday, June 7, 2011

New House Rule

If you insist on being up and at 'em by 5:15 in the morning you must be cheerful. 

Otherwise you will be put right back to bed. 
Too bad no one will enforce this one on me. 

The small crabbies opted not to nap yesterday.  It made bedtime a breeze but it was a L-O-N-G day.  At some point during the night, Bigger Crabbie got into bed with me.  It was cool, he wasn't wet.  But then when Littler Crabbie decided he had been in bed long enough, thank-you-very-much, it took me some time to respond.  While I was trying to free myself from the bed, Bigger informed me "Littler is crying for you, Mama."  Yes, I know.  Now would you kindly get off my hair? 

Poor Littler had a tough morning.  He probably really would have liked to go back to sleep for a little while but since Bigger was up there was no way that would happen.  He was upset that it was not a school day for him, which Bigger was all too happy to tell him repeatedly.  He was really upset when we left Bigger at preschool and he really didn't get to stay.  Needless to say, he wanted to nurse as soon as we walked in the door.  But it chippered him right up so it's all good.

23 minutes later I found myself back in the nursing chair, my belly being kneaded by the roving hand of a semi-distracted toddler nursling.  Who really needs his nails trimmed.  And apparently these jeans really accentuate my muffin top. 

Note to self: start doing crunches again, stat!

For now, Littler is blissfully napping on the couch.  Too bad Bigger wont succumb is uninterested in a refreshing doze.  But at least he is resting on the couch.  We wont mention that I had to put Toy Story 3 on, shall we?  :)  Spanish Buzz always makes me chuckle.  And hopefully we'll have a better afternoon than yesterday. 

No comments: