Wednesday, September 21, 2011

Yarn Along

Hi, my name is Kate and I'm a book addict :)  And yarn, don't forget the projects.  Be sure to head over to small things to see what else is in the works and being read. 

On the needles is my Dad's hiking scarf.  Probably will be there for a while.  But the good (?) news is that I've already finished one ball of yarn so that makes me 1/4 of the way done.  Not that I'm rushing.  I'm surprised that I'm enjoying the knitting of this even more than the one for my Mom.  Maybe it's the extra cable I added to make it a little more manly?  Maybe becausse I'm not feeling so rushed but just picking it up when I can?  Whatever, I'm just gonna go with it :)

I just finished The Virgin Blue by Tracy Chevalier.  I had a tough time getting into it at first, maybe because I just need a couple days of reading break.  It was an interesting read alternating between the stories of a French Huguenot fleeing Catholic persecution in the sixteenth century and a modern American woman who moved with her husband to France.  I'll bring it for you when we come down, Mom.  :)  Have you ever come across Lefevre as a first name? 

Since I already finished that I put a few of the books that we bought at the church next door book sale last weekend.  50cents for paperbacks and $1 hardcovers :)  Score! 

4 comments:

karen said...

Love the scarf! I have made many and I could make many many more :)

Anonymous said...

Love your manly scarf. It's so great not to feel rushed, makes the whole experience more enjoyable! :)

Erin @ Wild Whispers said...

I am working, as you may have read, on not stressing over my knitting either. It's going to look great when it's done! I love books at those prices, too!

Emily said...

Loving all those cables. So very nice!

And great books, too!