Thursday, January 5, 2012

{pretty, happy, funny, real}

~ Capturing the context of contentment in everyday life ~

{pretty}
My pretty little sewing space.  When I clear everything else off the table anyway. 

{happy}
Boys who were very happy to be out in the snow.  Not much snow but you can see it sticking on the edge of the balcony there and they were so excited. 

{funny}
Funny technique for eating a New Years Boston creme doughnut.  He really only at the frosting and filling. 
Nom nom nom. 

{real}
What my lovely sewing space really looks like.  Missing are random toys and clothes that collect there because it is a flat surface you know.  (for example, usually a bag or two of toys that have been taken out of rotation for one reason or another are under there but I had moved them to actually use the sewing machine.  I'll only go so far for online reality ;-)

6 comments:

Kayleen said...

My 3 year old still only eats the frosting/whip cream/sprinkles...whatever it is, just not the actual cake or donut. I guess it's not a big thing to complain about (the less she eats, the less sugar intake) except it makes a much messier endeavor ;)

Tonya Gunn said...

Yes, I am familiar with only the cake part left on a plate when my three year old has a piece.

Love your peaceful sewing area.

Dawn said...

I love the snow. My kids get that excited about a bit of snow.
Blessings,
Dawn

Mary Jo said...

Hee Hee. I just love that doughnut picture.... so adorable. And at least your sewing machine has a space. I haven't gotten mine out of the closet yet. Maybe THIS year?! :) Happy New Year.

Kathryn said...

Hooray for a sewing space, even if it is a small one. I've started doing so much more since I found a little spot to set mine up and leave it up. I love your snow picture - we drove a ways out of town this year and found some snow - my big boys were delighted too!

Lisa said...

A sewing space is by definition a thing of beauty; at least by virtue of it's creative potential.