Wednesday, January 4, 2012

Yarn Along

Yarn along day!  Yippy!  :)  Joining up with Ginny to see what the New Year brings for books and projects.

First I have to say that I cannot get a good picture of the color of this yarn.  It's not black.  It's a deep, beautiful purple (the colorway is blackberry.)  It's really gorgeous.  And sadly it's still not finished.  But only 8 rows to go!  That's something.  And that's why I only work on one at a time - otherwise I would never finish anything. 

As for reading I did finish Yarn Harlot by Stephanie Pearl-McPhee.  It was great, as expected.  I started One Thousand Gifts by Ann Voskamp but haven't made it far.  Probably because it made me ball.  Which got me to thinking about other books that have made me cry.  The very first - Meet Kirstin from the American Girls series.  It made quite an impression on me that a book could make me that upset.  Do you remember the first book to make you cry? 

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh my you are brave! I read the first chapter of that book online and KNEW I wouldn't be able to read it! I would love to but I just can't. Your project sounds pretty, What are you making with it?

karen said...

I think the most memorable book that got me choked up was The Notebook...I am not a crier so it was a surprise when I went "gulp".

Jen said...

I wish I could remember the first book that made me cry. I blubber like a baby usually!

Kristen said...

Gosh, I can't even remember! I do remember getting pretty choked up at My Sister's Keeper by Jodi Piccoult. Great question!

Ellen said...

I can't remember the 'first' book that made me cry, but besides certain Bible verses, I do remember reading aloud to my children a little chapter book called, The Door in the Wall. I got to a certain portion and couldn't continue without tissues!

Stacy said...

I'm such a crier too that so many books make me cry. Probably the first one would have been The Outsiders. The sound of the yarn color is delightful, I'm sure it is beautiful. All the more since I can't *see* it.

Greer said...

Love a good sob-inducer!

Spinneretta said...

Yes, I am a crier. If it is happy, I cry. If it is sad, I cry. It's rather embarrassing really- and I do it enough that I cannot possibly remember the first one to make me cry! It was probably something silly and a children's book lol (The first FILM however, I think was E.T. lol)

OrangeBlossom said...

Yum! I like deep purples!

With pregnancy hormones in full swing, it seems that I cry while reading the kids books to them!