Wednesday, February 8, 2012

Yarn Along

So this week no knitting happened.  Nada, zip, zilch.  Didn't even work on my giant untangle.  I think I finished casting on that BSJ but didn't check my stitch count so I'm not banking on that.  I did get the quilt blocks laid out.  But didn't sew a single seam. 

All thanks to the cold the WeatherMan brought home from work for us.  It has worked it's way through us all and now settled in on me, which probably means I'll be under the weather forever since I live in a state of lack of sleep nearly all the time.  And that is why nothing got done - whiny, coughing, snotty, needy people all around me.  Personally, I'm not quite as snotty as the rest but still feeling a bit sorry for myself.  I am *hopeful* that this afternoon and tomorrow afternoon someone will be taking the boys out so I can get a little very much needed "me time." 

I haven gotten a good amount of reading accomplished though.  I finished One Thousand Gifts as planned.  I finished Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets.  I started Prisoner of Azkaban and Life of Pi.  It's looking like I'll just work my way through the whole HP series.  :)  As for Life of Pi I'm only to chapter 6 so I don't have much of an opinion yet.  Other than that there is something about fiction that pretends to be a true story that really bugs me.  Dan Brown novels and The Shack gave me the same feeling.  They're good stories, entertaining and interesting.  Maybe it's because they feel like they were written to be made into movies.  I don't know. 

And now I'm off to check out who else is yarning along with Ginny


10 comments:

Tracey ~ Clover said...

Oh, I hope y'all are feeling better, colds are the worse.
I have never read the Harry Potter books although my son has read them several time and loved them.
Happy Yarn Along!

karen said...

If I lived close, I would untangle the yarn for you.....it's one of the quirky kind of things I like to do. The Life of Pi does not attract me at all, so I can't wait to see what you think. (my daughter liked it).

Unknown said...

Colds stink! My little one got over a double ear infection just last week. This morning she woke up all congested and cranky. I read the Harry Potter books when they first came out. I think it might be time for a re-read! I've heard of Life of Pi but have never checked it out. Maybe I'll see if the library has it. Thanks for stopping by my blog! I do recommend checking into Amanda Soule's books. They have some really good ideas!

Sarah said...

I hope you're feeling better soon. We've had a lot of runny noses around here too. I read "The Life of Pi" a long time ago...let me know what you think. I'll have to pick up "Thousands of Gifts" since I've heard a lot of great things about it.

Take care of yourself..if we lived closer I'd come by and bring you some soup.

Jen said...

I hope you feel better soon, Kate.

I think you'll enjoy the rest of Harry Potter. They do get darker as you get closer to the end. e prepared.

www.OhThePlacesWellRoll.com said...

i started life of pi when i was pregnant with my son. halfway through i became SO sick i couldn't read it at all and now every time i think of it i feel sick. lol i have heard it is really good.

:)
jen

Ellen said...

Hope you're all feeling better soon - that is no fun. Wiping yucky noses was never on top of my parenting list! :)

Erin @ Wild Whispers said...

Feel better soon! Glad you at least got some reading done!

Kristen said...

Hoping your crew gets better soon. I know how those weeks go. Yay for lots of reading!

Stacy said...

I just finished Goblet of Fire and watched Half-Blood Prince that I had recorded over Christmas. Gotta love HP for always being there! Hope you're feeling better soon.