Wednesday, May 9, 2012

Yarn Along

Today's post should be short and sweet.  Because sadly I haven't had much time for reading or knitting this week.  I did pick Life of Pi up again.  I hadn't even realized it was missing until it was discovered under the couch - someone must have slid it there weeks ago.  Maybe this time I'll be able to finish it. 

I didn't sew a single seam or weave in any tails on my finished BSJ.  But I did spend part of the boys' nap (!) on Sunday getting the shawl back onto needles.  It's a little stretched out perhaps, especially the yarn overs, but otherwise seems to be in good shape :)  Today I should be able to start back into the lacy part.  I'm not sure if I'm feeling brave enough to take it to playgroup to work on today - that might be an unnecessary risk rather than chance to get some knitting in. 

Hopefully next week I'll have some better progress to share.  In the meantime I'll join Ginny and get some ideas for even more projects to make and books to read :)

12 comments:

embracingitall said...

Glad you have gotten the shawl back on the needles. I hope it is all smooth sailing from now on. Jacinta

steph said...

gosh, those colors are lovely!!!

karen said...

glad to know the stitches are back on the needles, I bet we will see a finished object next week!!

Conservative Knit Mom said...

the colors are beautiful--it is knitting up so nice!

Erin @ Wild Whispers said...

I love the colors you are using! I hope you take the time to be good to YOU today, and maybe that includes leaving the knitting home so you don't muss it up again... haha! HUGS, friend!

Ellen said...

The colors of the shawl are great. And I agree... taking it to a playdate may be a bad idea. It's not so much the kids running around, but the conversation with other mothers - I would get caught up with catching up and would probably end up making a knitting faux pas.

Emily said...

I wouldn't risk the shawl at a play date! LOL ;)

And hooray! The boys took a nap at the same time? :)

Sarah said...

Your shawl looks great as does the new entertainment system!

Kim said...

I would not be taking it to the playgroup - too much of a risk for me :)

The colours are lovely, can't wait to see it finished.

cpcable said...

Way to keep at it! Even when it seems to take forever ever stitch matters and brings you closer to a finished item. Loving the colors!

Unknown said...

Beautiful shawl. I say cast-on a simple project for playmates. That way if it does come off the needles it is easy to slide right back on.

little macaroon. said...

eeek - I've started Life of Pi twice on the advice of friends who say it's the BEST THING THEY EVER READ... but haven't got into it. You just reminded me that I must give it another chance :-)

(joining you from Yarn Along)