Monday, July 30, 2012

Monday Musings

Right now..  the boys are getting out of the tub after a trip to the sandy park.  I need to find some more breakfast and get dressed before the fire alarm is tested in half an hour.  The Smallest wardrobe critic declared I should not be wearing yoga pants by spitting up on them. 

This weekend...  was ordinary.  Books and dishes and hanging around.  Baby 3.0 did the amazing and both went  to sleep and stayed asleep for a nap in her pack'n'play each day.  Her brothers did no such thing.  Yesterday's nap, in fact, was very nearly 3 hours!  Now if we can just get bedtime going the same way...  Yesterday we also got to Mass.  I think in the last 6 months we've watched more Masses on EWTN than we've actually gone to.  It was good to be back.  And of course everyone was excited to see the baby.  And of course give some advice ;-)  One lady who has been watching the boys since we moved here almost 4 years ago commented on how well behaved they are and said we should just keep having babies because they turn out so well.  Another told me to take it easy, if she had it to do again she would leave the housework.  I've said it before but our parish is really lovely. 

Some plans for this week...  more of the same :)  Reading, walks, playgroup, making rock turtles, continuing our afternoon p'n'p naps, a trip to the consulate in Toronto to file for Smallest's birth abroad (sounds so exotic, doesn't it?)  I need to do a test run of the Ergo before we go. 

If I find some time for myself...   hahaha!  There is much I would like to do but I think I'll be happy with reading, blogging, and knitting for now.  All things I can do while nursing or with a sleeping babe in my lap.  And the planning (dreaming?) of projects for when I get some more time (whenever that might be.)

I am grateful for...  a pretty easy going baby who sleeps...  boys who love their baby sister (at least they haven't packed her bags to send her back yet)...  beautiful weather...  the WeatherMan taking the boys out in the morning so sleeping beauty and I can stay in bed...

Prayer intentions for this week...  for continuing sleep success, for outgoing  job applications, for an easy trip to Toronto,

Something that makes me smile...

2 comments:

karen said...

love the photo of the three of them! A beautiful family. I hope you get the sleep you are praying for :)

embracingitall said...

What a gorgeous photo. She looks so tiny next to the boys. I bet you felt like the boys grew overnight once your sweet little girl arrived. Jacinta