Wednesday, August 1, 2012

Yarn Along

I so love Yarn Alongs.  I love being able to share and get ideas.  And get motivated to finish projects.  Yay for checking in with what's going on with everyone at small things!
 I was able to get some kniiting done this week.  A baby who actually sleeps, sometimes even in her own bed is a remarkable thing.  The body of the puerperium is finished.  Now onto sleeves.  I'm thinking I'll leave it with short sleeves - less work that way ;-)  I've also gotten a few rows done on my purdy scarf. 

So taking this picture was funny for a couple reasons.  First, just how large it looks.  Or how tiny she looks.  Either way it'll be a while before she wears it.  The second funny was that she had the hiccups.  I love newborn hiccups.  They aren't upset by them for one.  And they sound like a drunken squirrel in a cartoon. 

Readingwise I finished Certain Women last night.  I'm getting a lot of reading done because it's so easy to do one handed.  Next up - to finish This Is My Body and get back into Sherlock Holmes.  I had to take a break from Holmes after he said "pshaw" - it was just a little wonky, don't ask me why, and I needed to step away.  But now I want to find out what happens after that brush off.

8 comments:

Paula said...

Aww that is quite cute - at least she has a lovely dress to look forward to wearing :-)

Unknown said...

She looks so tiny compared to the sweater. WOW! And baby hiccups are adorable. Crazy when the kiddo is in utero though.

karen said...

She is tiny but she will grow! Better than being too small. I like the yarnalong too-it makes me so accountable!

Anonymous said...

Aww! Seeing your newest little one makes my womb ache just a little.

She is gorgeous, Kate!

Anonymous said...

What a little sweetie. She'll grow into the puerperium soon enough!
I like them with short sleeves too, they are more versatile, whatever the weather may bring!

Erin @ Wild Whispers said...

She is so cute! I love short sleeves on baby sweaters...

Lori ann said...

oh my gosh such a tiny little angel! look at her feet! just like a dolls, in the blink of an eye she'll be wearing this, and outgrowing it!

Dee said...

Such a sweet little baby, and sweater too! Babys who sleep, and in their own bed are very special indeed.