Wednesday, September 5, 2012

Yarn Along


I actually finished a project!  And I think I can honestly say it was all about process.  Although I do love the product.  But I think for the first time I was knitting simpy to knit.  Usually I figure if I'm going to be knitting I might as well be working on something (as in a definate goal with a purpose.)  So this scarf to just occupy my hands was a new experience. 
The yarn is leftover from the shawl I knit in the fall.  And the pattern is one I will most likely make again - I really like it. 
Reading this week was not so accomplished.  I did finish Bedknob and Broomstick.  It was fun.  I prefer the movie but sometimes that happens when you see the movie first.  I enjoyed the "background" though.  As for the rest of my stack of books it turns out my eyes were bigger than my... eyes?  They all had to go back to the library since we're heading out on a roadtrip.  But I'll be taking my nook and reading lots of Sherlock Holmes and whatever else I find on there. 

Now to link up with Ginny and see what else is going on.  And do laundry.  And pack.  And wash dishes and clean the bathroom.  So much to do before roadtrips.  I'd much rather be knitting.  (But I do have an 8.5 hour plus border crossing drive ahead of me - so much time to knit.  As long as the sun is up anyway.) 

9 comments:

karen said...

love your scarf!! You look so pretty in it-have fun getting ready for your family adventure :)

A Faithful Journey said...

Ooh...what a gorgeous scarf!!

momto5 said...

the scarf is very lovely. it seems like it is long, i like that.
have fun on your trip!

Knitters Notebook said...

Don't you just love finishing a project..I know I do..

I love the color of your scarf and the simple pattern you chosen.

~~Renee

Anonymous said...

It's gorgeous, Kate!

Have a happy and safe trip!

meghann said...

I love that scarf; now to take a look at the pattern…

(I also preferred the movie to the book.)

Have a fun, safe trip. xo

Unknown said...

Love the scarf. You are amazing. Safe travels.

Erin @ Wild Whispers said...

What a great scarf! looking good!

Unknown said...

Beautiful scarf! I'm so jealous of you all who can knit while riding in the car. I USED to be able to do it. But ever since I was pregnant with my little one something changed in my body and now all I'm able to do is look straight ahead or else I feel very sick!