Wednesday, September 14, 2011

Yarn Along

I love Yarn Along Wednesday, have I ever mentioned that?  ;-)  Seeing what is being created and read is so interesting.  And gives me so many crazy ideas.  Thanks to Ginny for getting us all together. 
Here's the knitting basket, it's kinda a mess at the moment.  The BSJ is finished except for seams and buttons.  That light green thing on the top right is a swiffer cover that I can't tell you how long it's been since it came off the needles and still needs seams sewn.  Center is the start of my Dad's scarf - gonna give me trouble, that is.  Maybe I'm just not into the flow of it yet.  Maybe it needs a time-out.  And on the left you can almost see the yarn for my Mom's shawl, the pattern is all printed and ready to go now I just have to get crazy enough to start yet another project.  And given how crazy the scarf has been making me that might just be soon.

You may have noticed there are no books in this week's picture.  That's not for lack of reading.  I finished The 10 Habits of Happy Mothers.  And a nice 24 hour read - 13 Little Blue Envelops by Maureen Johnson.  And Girl With a Pearl Earring by Tracy Chevalier.  And I'm still doing research for my big project so I've been reading up on John Henry Newman and pastoral letters on campus ministry and young adult ministry.  I feel like only I would keep on researching after finishing an application but I have admitted my nerdiness, I embrace it :)  I've really enjoyed all this reading and it's really nice to be just running through books for a change.  I'll probably read a few more novels as long as I'm in the mood for it - I have The Virgin Blue by Tracy Chevalier too and a few memoirs that look interesting and have been sitting around waiting to be read for far too long. 

This weekend I'm looking forward to a knitting break to finally quilt the first wedding quilt.  So I can piece the top of the second.  So I can give them to two beautiful brides in the next month!  I hope they go according to plan.  I tend to need lots of time to recover can get my groove back when I hit snags and I'm running short on time - this is a project that will not go better under pressure! 

5 comments:

karen said...

Lots of knitting going on I see! I did not know you quilted, looking forward to seeing what you create.

Emily said...

Will you post pictures of your finished BSJ? I love looking at how the stripes end up :)

Jen said...

I'd love to see the BSJ in all its glory, too.

house full of jays said...

Wow! So many projects going on! What fun.

Anonymous said...

Wow, lots happening here!
Good luck with all your projects - looking forward to seeing more of those quilts!