Wednesday, June 13, 2012

Yarn Along

There isn't much to say about my projects right now.  I haven't really been able to get any knitting in in the last 2 weeks.  That's not entirely true.  I did knit 3 of the 4 rows of the lace pattern but managed to mess it up and had to rip it all back out.  Now I have to recount my stitches to be sure everything is right and start the lace again.  I'm really quite frustrated with it, hence why I didn't touch it for a week.  But I did learn a lot about the anatomy of knitting while unknitting all those stitches.  And I'm getting pretty good at catching those little buggers that try to get away and getting them back onto the needles.  At least I'm still learning something. 

My socks are just chillaxing at the bottom of the basket too.  I'm not sure why I didn't dig them out to work on while the sweater took a break except for the psychological damage of having messed up what should have been a fairly easy pattern already.  

My reading is also uninspired.  I have two volumes of Sherlock Holmes on my nook and am slowly working my way through the tales.  While sometimes I wish I were reading something a little deeper I really enjoy the stories.  I love the use of language and I've said it before - I enjoy the movies and it makes for good picturing as I read ;-) 

Linking up with Ginny :) 

6 comments:

embracingitall said...

I hope you can face redoing the lace pattern soon. Glad you are able to rescue those rascally escaped stitches! Jacinta

Conservative Knit Mom said...

Ahhh, lace knitting--sometimes it makes you hunger for simple stockinette. I say put both in time out and cast on a hat :) But the purple really is lovely.

karen said...

learning the anatomy of knitting will be a big help in the long run. That makes fixing mistakes faster. Lovely yarn. I've never read sherlock and now I think I might need to!

Donna said...

As much as I hate ripping back my work, that is how I learned not to make mistakes. It's such a process!

Spinneretta said...

Well if you learned from the mistake, it is all good :)
As for Holmes, I find it rather entertaining to listen to while I knit ;) (If you like, librivox.org has free audio versions of it- download them and put them on the Nook and listen while you knit!).

Jen said...

I'm glad that you're getting better at 'reading' your knitting. It's something that really comes in handy to prevent mistakes.

I love the newer versions of the Sherlock Holmes movies, too. That Roberty Downey,Jr. is quite nice to look at. ;-)